Mike’s Auto Body – 3 generations, 80+ years
In 1939 Mike Cavitch Sr. had a dream to make his new business successful and provide exemplary service to customers. Mike’s Auto Body is a shining example of the American Dream come true. For more than 30 years Mike Sr. lived the dream and brought his son, Mike Cavitch Jr. into the business. When it was time to pass the torch to him in the 1970’s Mike Jr. proudly took it and carried on with everything he had learned from his father.
Fast forward another 20 or so years to 1992 and now we have the 3rd generation, Mike Cavitch III carrying the torch and dream forward. He has expanded the business by adding 24 Hour Towing, the Hackettstown location, and opening a full-service mechanical repair shop, Mike’s Canal Motors Sales & Service. It provides excellent repairs and fleet maintenance. Over 80 years later and still at the original location Mike and his team are dedicated to making his grandfather and father proud of the service they provide. As a matter of fact, they have customers who are 3rd generation! That level of trust speaks for itself.
Mike’s Auto Body Photos
DID YOU KNOW
In 1939 when Mike Cavitch Sr. opened the doors (80+ years ago) this was happening in the car industry
- Nash added a thermostat to its ‘Conditioned Air System’ for the ‘Weather Eye’, the first HVAC system for the mass market.
- Crosley entered the car manufacturing business offering the first ‘compact’ car.
- Ford introduced the ‘luxury convertible’, Lincoln Continental.
- The second Motor Vehicle Act was enacted, the beginning of auto insurance.
Accredited with the BBB
- Habitat for Humanity
- ARC of Warren County
- Local youth/high school sports teams